Wednesday, December 07, 2005
benjamin
I thought of you today. Many things crossed my mind. Your smile. Your infectious brand of humor. Your silly grin. Your zest for life. Your non-stop chatter. Your quiet air of gentlemanliness. Your simple gestures. Your willingness to share a portion of your life with me. And then I wonder where you are right now. Whether you’re married. Whether you’ve fulfilled your dreams. Whether you can dance to a tune. Whether your drumming skills have taken a step forward. Whether you’re still somewhere here in sunny Singapore or somewhere out there in another part of the world. The last time you were in Hong Kong. Are you still there? After so many years I suddenly thought of you. Bittersweet memories. I don’t think I’d ever get to say sorry. I’m sorry I didn’t laugh at your jokes everytime. I’m sorry I kept getting you in trouble with our drum instructor. I’m sorry I distracted you during practice that you’d miss your beat. I’m sorry I made you give up your jacket because I got all cold in the studio. But most of all, I’m sorry I left without saying good bye. I’m sorry that I stopped classes without telling you or even giving you a hint that I was going away. I’m sorry I disappeared one quiet day. I didn’t know any better. Now I know how it hurts. Now I know the bewilderment you might have felt. I’m sorry. There isn’t a day when I’ve wondered what might have been if I had stayed. Whatever it is, I hope you’re fine and living a great life. God bless you, Benjamin. There will always be a special place for you in my heart.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment