Monday, July 31, 2006

another harebrained scheme

Join 5 Takes!
In under 150 words, tell us why you should be a TJ in the next season of 5 Takes

To say that I have a passion for travel is simply putting it really mildly. I have spent every spare time possible traveling around Asia. There have been trips to eastern China, Taiwan, Malaysia, Cambodia and parts of Thailand and Vietnam. Being of mixed heritage with Chinese and Indian parents, I am also effectively bilingual (Mandarin and English).

There are many other reasons why I should be a TJ in the next season of 5 Takes. Some of them include being tech-savvy, having a flair for writing and a background training in mass communications. Then, there are the personality traits like being sociable, resourceful and adventurous.

But more importantly, being a travel journalist requires one to be the eyes and legs of the community that lives and breathes through his/her every experience as if it is their very own. I believe I have what it takes to be that person.

*I did it! I actually signed up to be a travel journalist! One never ceases to be amazed by the number of harebrained schemes I manage to come up with. And now, I wait*

No comments: