I’m getting into a terrible habit of writing on fast food tray liners. It’s MOS Burger Causeway Point today and they’ve got this lovely picture of their latest gratin créme burger. Too bad I’m not hungry right now.
Come to think of it, it’s my first time in this place. It’s been here for at least the last 2 years and I do believe I’ve never set foot in here. Why not? Why never?
And that got me thinking. Isn’t life full of firsts? The first time we fell in love. The first time we went to school. The first time we got our paycheck. Weren’t those great moments? Albeit all the tears and cheers?
When did we stop being happy and excited with new experiences? When did the dreariness of life start to dull our senses and bog us down? When did we stop feeling and seeing? When did it become almost suicidal to speak our mind?
Perhaps it’s easier when one compartmentalizes our thoughts, feelings and actions. The love goes here and then the happiness there and oh yeah, let’s squeeze in some grief in this little corner. There! All packed and stacked.
Has life been degraded to such a stage? I think mine has hit the rut and heading towards the downslide. Yours too?
1 comment:
hey babe, hang in there. i guess being in our mid-20s, we are all questioning ourselves, our worth and our place in this world?
it's a sucky thing, to feel that we are in a rut.
but just soldier on babe, like i know only our strong lizzie can. and don't worry you are not alone. we'll all get through this sooner or later.
take care and we shld meet up soon!
Post a Comment